Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pecan Pound Cake



Bottom of Form

You're going to love the aroma while this cake is baking!

This is a recipe from Mary Locke, an old and dear friend from many years ago. I haven't seen Mary in many years but I found this recipe in my file and remembered the wonderful appearance, tast and aroma!
I made this cake many times for social gathering and it was always a hit. I haven't made it in many years and now that I have a great counter top mixer I think I'll try again.
Update:  I have made about 10 of these pounds cakes lately and each one is more popular than the last.  I love it too.  Tonight I tried making it with almonds and almond flavoring.  Try it, you’ll like it. 

Ingredients & Preparation

You will need
  • 2 sticks butter (1/2 lb.)
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 cups cake flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1tbsp vanilla
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
Serves:  8 to 10
Preparation Time:  15 Minutes
Cooking Time:  1 1/2 Hours
Oven Temperature:  375/300
 

 
Step 1: Cream Together Ingredients

With an electric mixer cream butter, sugar and shortening. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add half the flour and half the milk and beat well. Add remaining flour and milk and beat well.

Add vanilla, salt and pecans and mix thoroughly.

Step 2: Bake the Cake

Pour batter into a buttered, floured bundt pan on pound cake pan. Place into a cold oven set at 375 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes. Decrease temperature to 300 degrees and bake another hour and 10 minutes.

 

tipWhen I was given this recipe it was stressed that using cake flour was important. Serve warm with butter or cool with whipped cream and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment